I'm looking for someone who understands how to craft maps for fantasy worlds
As I'm not a map maker, I would like the cartographer input in the best way it would be to have my maps drawn.
My project has 3-4 major islands and 4 smaller ones (then another project part of the same world, has just as many islands). So I'm not sure if it's possible to have all them in 1 world map, or if it would be smarter to do all the islands by themselves. And later piece them together onto a world map.
Also, I don't want my lack of map creating to limit the artist creativity
What I'm looking for
- an artist that has patients to work with me
- a 2.5 view style map (will post link below of examples)
- color isn't my priory right now, so it's not something I'm paying for (when the basics are done, then I'll move forward with color)
- I want the final file as vector (draw in Photoshop and import into Illustrator, and do the vector line art there)
- the size proportion needed is 12x18 inches (vector can be sized up and down, with no issue, I know this, but that's the proportion I need so I can easily size it down to 6x9 or 24x36 inches)
2.5 map examplesallunia-dream.deviantart.com/a…ramah-palmer.deviantart.com/ar…iversia.deviantart.com/art/Ram…inriconus.deviantart.com/art/N…kiwirose.deviantart.com/art/Ne…sapiento.deviantart.com/art/Ri…schwarzkreuz.deviantart.com/ar…jbrown67.deviantart.com/art/Fa…
(mostly not like this, but it is a 2.5 view)
My budget: honesty can't afford more then $100 per-piece (which is why I'm not wanting color)
deadline: no rush